Gridwise, a mobility solutions startup headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Data Engineer.
Gridwise (Techstars Mobility '17) is a mobility startup that is creating solutions to improve the efficiency of on-demand rideshare fleets. As mobility is rapidly changing, Gridwise is aiming to improve the ecosystem through its data-driven solutions created to help human & autonomous rideshare drivers best know when and where to drive. We are seeking motivated individuals to help us capture this massive opportunity as a leading provider of on-demand mobility solutions. We encourage you to join us for the ride if you value the opportunity to make a huge impact on the mobility ecosystem of the future!
As an early member of the Data team at Gridwise, you will have an opportunity to contribute significantly to our success by helping us shape our data strategy, processes, and infrastructure as we continue to scale our technology. The ideal candidate for this position thrives at the intersection of Data Science and Software Engineering.
As a Data Engineer at Gridwise, you will:
- Assist in designing, building, and deploying infrastructure necessary to implement ML-based product features, analytics jobs, and manage large geospatial datasets
- Develop processes/algorithms to clean and refine imperfect datasets
- Work with Data team to refine and productionize various models for use in our applications
- Perform exploratory analyses on Gridwise's data to extract new insights and product ideas
- Take on a leadership and mentorship role within the Data team as the organization continues to grow
- Graduate degree in engineering, machine learning, or computer science field
- 3+ years experience designing and building software/data infrastructure to support ML-based software features and other data science projects
- Skilled in working with large, imperfect, real-world, datasets
- Experience working with a variety of database technologies: SQL, NoSQL, geospatial, graph, etc.
- Experience with big data & streaming infrastructure/frameworks, such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Comfortable with data science tools/libraries such as numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.
- Able to select and apply appropriate machine learning methods for a given use case
- Passionate about entrepreneurship and the mobility industry
Exceptional Candidates will have one or more of:
- Ph.D. in computer science, data science, machine learning, or related field
- Strong experience implementing production software and infrastructure for machine learning systems
- Experience designing and deploying data pipelines, ETL processes, and distributed systems
- Experience storing, querying, and working with geospatial and time-series datasets and databases
This position is full-time and is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote work is unfortunately not an option at this time.
Compensation & Benefits include:
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation days
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Relocation if applicable
If you’re interested in this opportunity and feel that you’d be a great fit for our team, please apply and tell us why.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!