Gridwise, a mobility solutions startup headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Software Engineer.
Gridwise (Techstars Mobility '17) is a rapidly growing startup that is creating solutions which help human & autonomous rideshare fleets best know when and where to drive. We are striving to capture a massive opportunity in one of the fastest growing industries. To do so, we are looking for motivated individuals who want to make a positive impact to improve the way people move from point A to point B at a global scale.
We encourage you to join us for the ride if you value the opportunity to make a huge impact on the mobility ecosystem of the future!
As an early member of the Engineering team at Gridwise, you will have an opportunity to contribute significantly to our success by helping us develop new products and features that are used by thousands of rideshare drivers across the country, improve our mobile software design and architecture, and help refine our engineering and developer practices as we continue to scale.
As a Mobile Software Engineer at Gridwise, you will:
- Help develop and maintain our flagship React Native application on the iOS and Android platforms
- Make architectural decisions for our mobile application based on best practices and design patterns
- Take on side R&D projects to develop new technology core to our business
- Help define internal development practices and standards as we scale the organization
- Be exposed to all facets of the business and have a major impact on our success and culture
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of professional mobile development experience
- Extensive experience developing hybrid applications in React Native/Redux, and proficient in JS (ES6)
- Solid grasp of iOS and Android application lifecycles, fundamentals, build systems, etc.
- Well-versed in modern engineering practices and philosophies- version control (git), agile and test-driven development, build automation, etc.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams of engineers, PMs, designers, & business stakeholders
- Passionate about entrepreneurship and the mobility industry
Exceptional Candidates will have:
- Advanced degree in a computer science, engineering, or related field
- Significant experience in either Android and iOS native app development
- Able to readily bridge between hybrid and native frameworks and programming languages
- Prior startup experience building out and supporting an in-house mobile product at scale
This full-time position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote work is not an option at this time.
Compensation & Benefits include:
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation days
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Relocation if applicable
If you’re interested in this opportunity and feel that you’d be a great fit for our team, please apply and tell us why.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!